wxWidgets 3.1.0 Released
wxWidgets 3.1.0 has been released today, as planned, and can be downloaded from GitHub. As for the last couple of releases, we provide binaries for the selected Windows compilers (Microsoft Visual C++ and MinGW-TDM) in addition to the source downloads.
As always, there were too many new features and bug fixes to list them all here, please see the change log for the fuller list but, briefly, the main changes in this release are:
- Better support for high DPI displays, especially under Windows.
- Support for latest compilers including MSVS 2015, g++ 5.3 and clang 3.8, including in C++11 mode.
- Revamped OpenGL support better suited to modern OpenGL (3.2+).
- New wxActivityIndicator and wxNativeWindow classes.
- Significant improvements to wxNotificationMessage.
- Several helpful new methods such as wxTextEntry::ForceUpper(), wxProcess::Activate(), wxDateTime::GetWeekBasedYear(), wxListBox::GetTopItem(), wxStandardPaths::GetUserDir(), wxUIActionSimulator::Select() and others.
- Updated versions of the bundled third party libraries and support for GStreamer 1.0 under Unix.
- New experimental wxQt port.
- Many, many bug fixes.
Please notice that while 3.1.0 is officially a "development" version because it is not fully compatible with 3.0.x, the list of backwards incompatible changes is very short, so you shouldn't have any problems updating to this version from 3.0.x in practice, and you're encouraged to try this version out and use it in production in spite of its odd version number.
Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this release and we hope that you will find it useful and enjoy working with it!